Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Why "art with a purpose"?

Many of you at the shows have asked me "Why 'art with a purpose'?" The answer is that I feel that art can be a effective form of communication and inspiration. I feel blessed to have this talent and I want to make sure that I use it in a constructive way. So many things around us are destructive and art doesn't have to be one of them. Through the use of pictorial metaphors, I can share what I have learned in my life with other people. When people look at my art, I want them to be able to identify with the messages in each piece and feel inspired to continue growing and inspiring others. You might ask yourself "then, what's the purpose?" The purpose is to inspire and perpetuate the inspiration cycle. If you have been inspired by any of these paintings, please leave a comment or email me. I would love to hear from you.

2 comments:

Saziwe said...

You have the seal of excellence.
I had the oportunity to talked with you at Sabela Exhibition in Orlando. Love your style!! Your creativity honor your name,
One of a kind.
Your presentation tools have the excellence seal too. The web site, the blog, the videos truly shows all your talents.
I will visit your blog again. And in the near future buy one of your pictures. Thank You for sharing your essence.

Juan 'One' SepĂșlveda said...

I truly appreciate the kind words and am delighted that you love my art. The Sabela exhibition was a lot of fun and gave me the chance to share my work with new people. Please make sure to visit the events section of www.OnesGallery.com to stay informed of upcoming shows. I look forward to seeing you in future shows. Be blessed, ONE