Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Beautiful Footprint

What does a footprint represent? In the sands of the beach it could represent the temporary evidence of a romantic stroll. On the surface of the moon, they represent that incomparable ambition and curiosity that characterizes our evolution. In a barren desert it could be the elusive sign of some one's treacherous journey. But on a hospital gown, it represent the mark left on the heart of a proud father. Two dark impressions of my baby boy adorn the gown I had to wear over my clothes on that memorable November morning.

 


Those little feet are the inspiration for this painting, which is a complement to the painting titled "Fruit of Our Love". Many of you have seen that painting in person and wondered why the canvas had a square hole in it. Well, here is the answer, I created a small painting, which symbolises the little boy who came to make our life complete. After seeing those small feet making a mark on my chest that morning, footprints are no longer a small thing I overlook,they are a reminder of how powerful things can be when we stop to admire them.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: